Engg. Center ECOT 717
University of Colorado Boulder
Boulder, CO 80309-0430
Phone: (303) 492 6580
I am a professor in the Computer Science department at the University of Colorado at Boulder.
My research focuses on areas of programming languages & verification and cyber-physical systems. I work on fundamental problems involving modeling and analysis of autonomous cyber-physical systems with applications to artificial pancreas systems for treating type-1 diabetes, runtime monitoring for autonomous vehicles and interactions between humans and autonomous systems.
As a faculty member, I teach a variety of courses in the areas of programming languages, algorithms, mathematical optimization and specialized courses pertinent to my research areas. I also serve as an associate chair for undergraduate education jointly with Ioana Fleming.
I have been faculty at CU Boulder since 2009. Previously, I was a member of research staff at NEC Laboratories America from 2005-2009. I graduated with a PhD in (theoretical) Computer Science from Stanford University in 2005. Here is a link to a brief biography.
|Jul 19, 2021||Invited talk on ``game based predictive runtime monitoring’’ at the https://workshops.inf.ed.ac.uk/SYNT2021/program.html.|
|Jul 9, 2021||Chou Yi successfully defended her PhD dissertation titled: ``Bayesian parameter estimation for nonlinear dynamics’’. Congratulations Dr. Yi Chou!|
- Probabilistic Specification Learning for Planning with Safety ConstraintsIn Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), pp. TBA, 2021.Note: To Appear.
- Predictive Runtime Monitoring for Mobile Robots using Logic-Based Bayesian Intent InferenceIn International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), pp. TBA, 2021.Note: Cf. here for a video demo .
- Reasoning about Uncertainties in Discrete-Time Dynamical Systems using Polynomial FormsIn Advances in Neural Information Processing System (NeurIPS), 2020.
- Predictive Runtime Monitoring of Vehicle Models Using Bayesian Estimation and Reachability AnalysisIn Intl. Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), pp. 2111-2118, 2020.
- Quantitative Analysis of Programs with Probabilities and Concentration of Measure InequalitiesIn Foundations of Probabilistic Programming (Editors: Gilles Barthe, Joost-Pieter Katoen, and Alexandra Silva), 2020.
- Reachability Analysis using Message Passing over Tree Decompositions.In International Conference on Computer-Aided Verification (CAV), Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) Vol. 12224, pp. 604–628, 2020.