Engg. Center ECOT 717
University of Colorado Boulder
Boulder, CO 80309-0430
Phone: (303) 492 6580
I am a professor in the Computer Science department at the University of Colorado at Boulder.
My research focuses on areas of programming languages & verification and cyber-physical systems. I work on fundamental problems involving modeling and analysis of autonomous cyber-physical systems with applications to artificial pancreas systems for treating type-1 diabetes, runtime monitoring for autonomous vehicles and interactions between humans and autonomous systems.
As a faculty member, I teach a variety of courses in the areas of programming languages, algorithms, mathematical optimization and specialized courses pertinent to my research areas. I also serve as an associate chair for undergraduate education jointly with Ioana Fleming.
I have been faculty at CU Boulder since 2009. Previously, I was a member of research staff at NEC Laboratories America from 2005-2009. I graduated with a PhD in (theoretical) Computer Science from Stanford University in 2005. Here is a link to a brief biography.
|May 27, 2022||I will be talking about our work on reachability analysis at NASA Formal Methods Symposium (NFM) in Pasadena, CA.|
|May 16, 2022||Congratulations to Hansol Yoon on successfully defending his PhD thesis titled: “Predictive Runtime Monitoring for Safe Autonomy”.|
|May 10, 2022||Delighted to announce that our Data Science Foundations: Data Structures and Algorithms Specialization on Coursera won the 2022 Coursera Innovation Award. Grateful to all the team members for their contributions.|
|Feb 16, 2022||Talk at Oregon State University AI Seminar on Hansol’s work: See Here|
- Decoding Output Sequences for Discrete-Time Linear Hybrid SystemsIn ACM International Conference on Hybrid Systems: Computation and Control (HSCC), pp. 6:1–6:7, 2022.
- Static Analysis of ReLU Neural Networks with Tropical PolyhedraIn Static Analysis Symposium (SAS), Lecture Notes in Computer Science Vol. 12913, pp. 166–190, 2021.
- Reasoning about Uncertainties in Discrete-Time Dynamical Systems using Polynomial FormsIn Advances in Neural Information Processing System (NeurIPS), 2020.
- Quantitative Analysis of Programs with Probabilities and Concentration of Measure InequalitiesIn Foundations of Probabilistic Programming (Editors: Gilles Barthe, Joost-Pieter Katoen, and Alexandra Silva), 2020.
- Reachability Analysis using Message Passing over Tree Decompositions.In International Conference on Computer-Aided Verification (CAV), Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) Vol. 12224, pp. 604–628, 2020.